Summons & Complaint
Summons - A Writ notifying the defendant that suit has been filed against them.
This Writ is accompanied by a copy of the Complaint.
Complaint - Sometimes called a Petition, the Complaint is the first pleading on the
part of the Plaintiff. Each complaint must contain or specify:
On to Service
- The name of the court in which action is brought, establishing the proper jurisdiction.
- Title of the cause of action:
- money due on open account
- money due on Promissory note
- money due on contract
- repossession or replevin of merchandise
- foreclosure on real estate
- Correct legal name of Plaintiff and Defendant.
- Concise statement of the facts constituting a cause of action with each allegation
- Demand for the relief sought by Plaintiff.
Back to the Suit Process Page
Back to the Newsletter Page
Back to the Home Page
Copyright © 2003 Twenty-First Century Associates
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED